Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Brain dump

I don't like thinking about
-Taking the MAT's/GRE's.
-Really getting on top of my eating habits. I did so well this summer and then well, got back into my crappy relationship. Eugh. Damn it.
-What I'm going to do with my life. Yes, I have a plan, but oddly enough, plans never really work.

Regardless, in the next few months I have a ton of work I need to do. My volunteering needs to be kicked up, I need to read more, write more, study more, make more friends, etc.

MAT's need to be taken in January. Early January. Letters of recommendation, the same. I need to get in touch with the Emergency Director for the Red Cross, like tomorrow. I need to stop fucking around, lying to myself, doubting my abilities or my intelligence. The only times I feel slightly less intelligent than I know I am is when I'm around people who are gifted in areas that I'm not familiar with/know nothing about. Ok, big deal, you learn.

Looking back on my behavior my senior year of high school and even when I was applying to Millersville, how I did all of it without breaking a sweat is beyond me. I got into every school I applied to (some sort of karmic joke, I guess), I got into MU without a problem, got into my backup school (Temple) without a problem, etc. Now, I know I have to worry. I know my weaknesses. At this point, I'm making up for lost time.

Last but not least, I should stop beating myself up. On that note, walk more, work hard, play harder, enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've been feeling the same stress. am i good enough to get in? am i smart enough? talented enough? will my essay and portfolio shine and outdo others for that spot at the universities i'm applying to. i hate it. :( in december, we'll have a megan and brooke hate applying to grad school fest.