Saturday, July 5, 2008

I honestly never thought that it would be like this

A vast majority of last night was spent engaging in mental exercise. Which is kind of sad since I was at a 4th of July shindig, but on the other hand, it's the sort of thing that I live for.

To quote Henry Rollins, "I want a woman who can sit me down, shut me up, and tell me five things I don't know." While that is something I look for romantically, it also helps in making new friends. In the past two weeks I've met so many new interesting people. None of them are romantic prospects but it's really refreshing to be around people who give my brain a whole new work out.

For example, last week I had a long talk about organizational dynamics and the politics of the department. Thursday, I learned how vowels are plotted. Last night, learned about how social workers work (or not so much apparently) with genetic counselors and how the human gastrointestinal (if thats wrong, I apologize) is adapting to proteins, dairy, and so on and so forth.

Business cards were exchanged. Good times.

No comments: