Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The key(s) to my heart; bacon & The Doctor

I'm going to attempt to make a balsamic-bacon vinaigrette sauce for green beans tonight. The best part is it's not even for a person I'm trying to impress. Just a fellow bacon enthusiast.

To balance out my meat consumption, last night for dinner I had Morning Star "hot wings". Doing my best to avoid eating the meat products located in the heart of West Philadelphia. Take that however you want.

So, Doctor Who made me cry (added bonus, I was on a train, so I was crying in public on public transportation). How British Sci-Fi can make me weepy eye'd but not The Notebook (any person who enjoyed that movie deserves to be punched in or about the throat), is beyond me. Oh, right, I'm the Anti-Girl.

Is it so wrong that something like metaphysics (because, essentially trans-dimensional time-travel and paradoxes is metaphysics) gets an emotional response out of me, rather than forced romantic bullshit? No. It'd be nice to have a culture where intellectual stimuli was considered socially acceptable and not some phoney-bologna "love story". That being said, I love Nine but I'd follow Ten until the ends of the universe. Something about a lanky Scot with goofy hair really does it for me.

More the goofy hair than the Scot.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Heh, meat products. I get it. I, unlike you, am very easily amused and don't need metaphysics to get excited. Simple "meat" humor will do.

And I profess here, I have never seen the Notebook, nor do I want to. I'm trying to stay away from Romantic any kind of movies... they're all just false realities. I mean come on, that shit doesn't happen in real life. EVER.

Anonymous said...

More Metafizzix as Emocrap:

-The Fountain by Aronofsky (film)
-Voices of a Distant Star by Makoto Shinkai (watch it in English here)
-2001: A Space Odyssey By Clarke. The book, not the movie, although the movie is awesome, Kubrick FTW. But book first.
-"Kyrie" by Poul Anderson (short story)
-And, of course, the "thermodynamic miracle" speech from Watchmen Chapter 9.

The Notorious B.A.T. said...

I own 2001 but I have yet to read it. I am a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad nerd.