Monday, September 29, 2008

So glad this month is almost over



Oh, fuck it. I'm gonna have a party. New job starts on Oct 6th (first rule about blogging is you don't blog about work, right? No.). It's a young-ish office and I work with a woman I've known from livejournal (NERD!) for years. We're both huge Trekkies. She loves James T. Kirk and I love TNG. Should be interesting, to say the least. I feel like this is going to become UTI (Universal Technical Institute, not urinary tract infection) part II. Have an indifferent attitude towards work but love my coworkers and become emotionally destroyed when I leave. Or not so much destroyed but I'm a big fan of dramatics (what? Don't judge me.).

With this new job, comes a new salary, new friends, new work environment, etc. I'm one step closer to gentrifying into a "sell out". Whatever, it's buying in, not selling out.

That being said, I am so excited for this week. Wednesday is Neil Gaiman Day! Hooray! Which means that somewhere around that celebration, I'll get to meet the fantastical Kyle Cassidy (who encouraged me to wear my Watchmen shirt to the book signing). B.Tom gains 25 nerd points!


Now to exit these destructive relationships and stand on my own. Insults will be traded, feelings will be hurt, but ultimately, I know this isn't where I belong. I have no idea where I belong but I think I'll take some time to figure it out.

No comments: