Monday, April 20, 2009

Academic minutae

Transcript of the three way conversation (not as exciting as it sounds) between my best friend (Doctoral Candidate at Mizzou), boyfriend (Doctoral candidate at UDel) and myself (Doctoral Candidate at Clown U).

Bffe- Make these edits... here, this will help
Me- Ok, rad
Boyfriend- INCLUDE YOUR CV!
Bffe- Yes! Absolutely!
Me- My what?
Boyfriend- Your vitae. You know, all of your published work, it's like four pages long...
Me- My what?!
Bffe- (links to an example)
Me- *gets overwhelmed* I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT EVA PERON! WHAT IS THIS EVITAE NONSENSE?!
Boyfriend- Seriously, be as professional as you can be or else people aren't going to take you seriously.
Bffe- (is furiously editing)
Me-I'm never getting into grad school...
Bffe- This isn't your application?
Me- No
Bffe and Boyfriend- NEVERMIND!
Bffe- It's vitae, technically...

No comments: