Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This just in...

Be nice to people who staff hospitals. The phelebotomists, the billing people, receptionists, security staff, everyone.

I had a 7:30am appointment to get an ultrasound (not pregnant, don't worry) at HUP. This meant being up, dressed, out the door by 6:50, to get to the hospital. Arrival was early (woo!), signed in, sat down, read a bit, picked my nose, blah blah blah. There are signs all over the waiting room saying, "If you are waiting more than 15 minutes, please alert the reception staff." Well, 7:45 rolls around and no roll call. At this point, I'm crabby. 7:50, an intake person calls my name. "Do you have a referral?" I almost threw up on her shoes. "I wasn't told I needed one." "Oh. Well, it's my job to make sure you don't get a big bill. Let's make sure this doesn't happen."

Lady Wonderful Nurse not only re-scheduled me, wrote down everything I need for an over the phone referral, AND called the Dr who asked me to get an ultrasound to let them know it would be a week later than expected.

:)

No comments: