Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happiness abounds

So, part of my whole personal growth project (my therapist rocks!) is learning how to be an advocate for myself. For those of you who've never had a problem in your life, it comes normally.

After years of abusive relationships, it's really difficult for me to stick up for myself. I dated a dude for a hot second who controlled my life, in every aspect. I ended it in a fit of my subconcious revolting against what we going on. Months later, we're still fighting. One of us says something to pull the other back in, we fight, rinse, wash, repeat.

So, I've decided to make more of an effort to cut people out of my life who don't appreciate me. Who don't value my quirky (and impulsive) nature along with other numerous positive (and negative) qualities. I am, what I am. I'm a work in progress. You never had faith in me. In my ideas, my beliefs, my intelligence, nothing. You're not good enough to be in my life, since you can't respect who I am.

On a happier note, I found season two of Buffy for twenty five bucks yesterday. Then I proceeded to make a lot of amazing food, drink heavily, and sleep in till noon today.

Life is pretty fantastic.




EDIT:

Keith Olbermann, I love you. That and you're a stone cold fox through the ages.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you've had revelations.

And Keith is pretty sexy.